The Panda Program!
Kids love doing Taekwondo! And younger kids really want to do Taekwondo too! They see their sibling kicking, punching, laughing and they want that fun too!
But 3 year old children or 4 year olds (and sometimes even 6 year olds) do not usually have the ability to focus for the full length of a senior class nor do they have physical coordination to do many of the kicks or the forms.
So, we have developed an age specific program for the 4-6 year old kids. The program is designed to be 1/3 of the senior curriculum.
Panda students will strive to test every 4 months (sooner if able). (If a Panda student is able to learn the curriculum quickly, they still need to participate in 2 months of classes prior to testing.
If a student starts taking classes at age 3 or 4 until 6, he (or she) will progress in the Panda Program until they turn 7.
At their next test they will get the appropriate senior belt.
Panda Program Curriculum
The Belts are:
· White Belt= Senior white belt
· White with yellow stripe= Senior white belt
· White with orange stripe=Senior white belt
· White with green stripe=Senior yellow belt
· White with blue stripe=Senior yellow belt
· White with purple stripe=Senior yellow belt
· White with red stripe=Senior orange belt
· White with brown stripe=Senior orange belt
· White with black stripe=Senior orange belt
Promotion to Green Belt in the Senior Program